Privacy and Policy
Information about you
The website www.bonustrading.co.uk is owned and managed by Bonus Trading Limited, who process customer data collected on it. Unless otherwise stated any reference to Bonus Trading Limited takes the form of ‘We’.
Bonus Trading Limited respects the privacy of our users. This statement describes our data processing practices and the ways in which we may use information that you provide. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact our acting Data Protection Officer’, who can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), and EU General Data Proctetion regualation the data controller is Bonus Trading UK Ltd of Trading House, PO Box 6935, Rushden, Northants, NN10 6WZ.
Use of the site is not conditional upon submitting personal data. All data submission is voluntary although some services may not be available without it.
Bonus Trading Limited will honour your request for no further contact. We collect personally identifiable information about you through the use of enquiry and order forms and when you purchase our products.
The Data that we currently collect are:
- Job title
- Company name
- Company address, phone and fax number
- Mobile telephone number
- E-mail address
If you choose to purchase from us, we will also collect the following Data:
- Bank details
- Credit/debit card details
- Vat number
- Company number
Why this information is being collected
The primary basis for processing your personal data is contractual, to allow us to carry out the business transactions agreed between you and Bonus. We may also use the information in these ways:
- To notify you of changes to our products and services, changes to your account and changes to our terms and conditions.
- To respond to queries and requests.
- To provide support services.
- To recommend appropriate products and services that we believe will be beneficial to your business in future
- For research in order for us to improve our products and services.
- To prevent and detect crime, fraud or corruption.
- To maintain our records.
- To able us to contact you by email.phone or fax
How we collect personal data
- Through formal engagement.
- Via our website.
- At marketing events.
- When you contact us.
We may also collect information automatically about your visit to our sites. Please see the section titled ‘Cookies’ for more details.
We will never sell or pass personal data to organisations not connected with our business. We may disclose your information to third parties who provide services on our behalf, which necessarily involve processing data.
Bonus Trading Limited ensures their retention of personal data is always in accordance with legal requirements.
A computer cookie is a small file which is sent to your computer when it loads a website or uses a third party embedded function (widget). The cookie can remember who you are and uses this information to help make using the website easier and to help with improvements to and development of the sites. This information may include details relating to your use of our sites, information about your computer such as the computer's IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at our site via a link from third party site, the URL of the linking page.
We currently use information from cookies for the following purposes:
- Identification of returning users and presentation of a personalised version of the site
- Tracking your browsing across our sites and third party websites, to aid site development and personalisation according to your requirements.
- Our web platform is Magento which is password protected. This is fully integrated with the Merlin Business Software customer database. The Magento platform is kept secure by applying patches, software that fixes any issues, and by running the latest performance/high security PHP versions.
User access and control of data
If you wish to amend any of the Data which we hold about you or update your marketing preferences, please contact email@example.com
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting the acting Data Protection Officer’ by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy
Bonus Trading Limited has appropriate measures in place to ensure that our users’ Data is protected against unauthorised access or use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss.
Children under 14
We do not intentionally collect any information on children under 14 years of age. We will undertake to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has notified us that any such details have been obtained.
Transfer of data
The Internet is a global environment. Using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing the Bonus Trading Limited site and communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.